E-cigarette warning

3rd October 2016

The popularity of e-cigarettes is remarkable, and undoubtedly many people find them helpful to give up smoking. They are however very dangerous to animals if swallowed.

There have been several cases recently of pet dogs and cats inadvertently eating or chewing the products, with devastating consequences. The quantities of nicotine contained in the fluid are very high, and in many cases can be lethal if absorbed.

British Veterinary Association (BVA) warning

The BVA is warning all owners to keep e-cigarettes and the refills out of reach of all animals.

If you suspect or know that your pet may have chewed or swallowed one of these cigarettes, call us immediately.

Call us on 01625 573375

Tell others – even if you don’t smoke or use e-cigarettes, make sure you let others know of the risks.